Tuesday 8 August 2017

Cold Water Writing 9/08/2017


This morning and this afternoon, and every other day, when the clock hits 6:10am I dive into the icy cold water. The cold water stabs me like I just dived in a pile of nails. Goosebumps raise on me, like little mountains, and my body goes rigid. I slowly pull my body through the ice bath of water; kicking my legs to keep me afloat. The clock slowly turns 11 past 6 - after what feels like forever. I am close to the wall, I tuck my head in, and I turn. My legs hit the briskly cold wall. I push off and glide into the second length of the 200 freestyle. The water warms up as I keep swimming, turning, gliding, pulling through the water.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pilot Essay

What job has the best office view, you can travel the world and you are helping others while doing your job? What is it? My dream job, a Pi...